Platform for project work on the Erasmus + KA2 “Recording our Europe” 2014-1-ES01-KA201-004342 which is based on two lines of work:
1. Training, research and exchange of good practices in the use of new technologies as a teaching tool, and more specifically the use of video. The insights gained from this work will lead to GOOD PRACTICE GUIDE to be elaborated among all partners.
2. Working with students on various topics of general interest to their present and future (sustainability, new forms of communication / social networks and Employability in Europe). Their research and reflection will be published in the form of videos created by them. These videos will be presented at the end on a VIDEO FESTIVAL we will organize in our school.
To achieve these goals, many activities will be scheduled such as discussion forums, video conferences, training days for exchange of best practices, several coordination meetings and 3 meetings so that students can make the recording of their work.
1. To research the diverse education contexts both in a qualitative and quantitative way, from every partner school, considering the required statistical data for the subsequent stages of the project.
2- To innovate new proposals for improvement in educative contexts in order to increase students’ competences, especially the ones regarding the acquisition of foreign languages in interrelation with other competences and school subjects
3- To educate and update teachers towards the required methodological models for innovation, having ICT not just as means to spread knowledge but also to generate it, both inside and outside the school, so that they can help students individually but also accounting for a global context
4- To develop methodological proposals, making use of didactic videos, using audio-visual language as an appealing factor for students for its contemporariness and its potential as a resource when designing interdisciplinary activities and tasks, and also for being a very useful way to spread results and experiences via social nets and platforms. To do this, we’ll focus on three topical work groups, which we consider important for both teachers and students: usage, sustainability and social networks
5- To verify the results of the Project development, contrasting the final ones with ones before the Project was implemented; i.e. degree of students’ motivation towards learning foreign languages, teacher’s use of ICT, families’ implication in the school and early dropout rates.
6- To spread the project and its results with the aim of normalizing its praxis in other EU schools to face similar problems.
PROCEDURA DI LAVORO
Three international students groups will be built according to their interests. They will be the “Sustainability team”, the “Social Media team” and the “Employability team”
Students will get in contact using the eTwinning tools to start working in their investigation with support from teachers. Each school will be in charge for one of the international students’ teams. Each team will set a blog where they will publish the results of their work and get feedback from all participants.
In the second project year, the same teams will have the task to record videos showing the results of their investigations and proposals for the “Future Europe”.
For that purpose we will organize some joint project work of the different groups of students.
Teachers will as well cooperate with the purpose of investigating, reflecting and sharing experiences on the use of video and ICT tools in the classroom. They will build the fourth work group of the project: “The ICT Guide team”. Our goal will be to release a good practice guide, with the gained experience and knowledge.
– Higher students’ motivation towards the foreign language learning. Students will have the chance to travel to other countries, where the foreign languages they learn are spoken. This will be very motivating for them. They will be able to check that their language skills have a practical use, and that they can communicate with others using them.
– Increased use of video teaching and ICTs by teachers of partner schools. Our aim is to promote ICT skills among teachers in our schools, and the implementation of new teaching methods to enhance the motivation of students. We will offer workshops and produce a teachers’ guide to support them.
– Increased involvement of families. We agree that the improved role of families at school will have an important effect in students’ development . We strongly believe that school, students and families must build up a team with the common goal of increasing the motivation of students. That’s why we intend to enroll students’ families in many of the project activities, as a way to let them be aware of their childrens ‘ improvements and to actively cooperate to achieve the project goals.
– Improvement of the European awareness of students / teachers at the partner schools. Students and teachers from the partner schools will have the chance to learn about society, culture, educational systems and way of life in the different partner countries. Moreover they will investigate collaboratively with the students from all participating schools about important topics concerning the whole Europe. This knowledge and the possibility to meet them during the project activities will enhance the awareness of living in a common space, with a common future, in which they have a big role to play.
– Creation of a school network. The partner schools intend to keep working together beyond the end of this project, in other Erasmus+ projects, or in eTwinning partnerships.